So Friday was a big day for us: I turned 33 and Nate turned 18mo.
I’m fine with getting older. I HATE that my baby is getting older.
Time to compare Nate to the Baby Center chart:
- Will “read” board books on his own -> we’re good on this one. In fact, I tweeted a picture of him ‘reading’ a few days ago.
- Scribbles well -> define well. LOL I think we’re fine here.
Emerging Skills (half the kids can do):
- Strings two words together in phrases -> in Toddlerese, he speaks paragraphs. In English, it’s mostly one word at a time, but he has a couple of 2-word phrases.
- Brushes teeth with help -> NOPE. But he hates things in his mouth. And I (sometimes) forget to brush his teeth. But he’s helpful when he’s in a good mood.
- Stacks four blocks -> we’re great here.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do):
- Throws a ball overhand -> we’re great here. I wish he couldn’t do this one. LOL
- Takes toys apart and puts them back together -> we’re good here too. And yet another skill I wish he hadn’t mastered.
- Shows signs of toilet training readiness -> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I think Nate may wear diapers forever sometimes. Oh well….
I should add here, I ran into a couple of delayed kids at the playground Friday. One little boy was 25 months and still doesn’t have any words. The other was clearly a premie, and he’s still a cute little peanut. He has bottlecap glasses, and at 15mo is just learning to walk. I happily stood beside his mom and cheered him on as he took steps (with my crazy child running around both little boys, flirting with their moms). I needed this experience to remind me to just be THANKFUL.
I’m blessed with an adorable little boy. I’d love him if he were advanced or delayed. I’d love him if he were blind or deaf. I. Love. Him.
(Here is where I’d attach a photo, but my precocious toddler refused to be still for a photo Friday. I’ll update this post with a picture later today.)