Where the heck has the time gone? I know I say this every month, but I mean it!
Yes, we’re **still** breastfeeding. And while breastfeeding an active toddler is a challenge, I’m going to keep going until blood is shed.
Yes, we’re still flirting like it’s going out of style.
Nate now gives awesome hugs AND kisses. It melts my heart when he runs to me with outstretched arms and then squeezes my neck.
Babycenter says most 17mo toddlers can:
- Uses six words regularly -> we’re good here
- Enjoys pretend games -> we’re good here too
- Likes riding toys -> does it count if the ‘toy’ in question is Mom? He loves pretending I’m a horse for him to ride!
- Feeds doll -> does it count if the ‘doll’ is Mom? He loves feeding me!
- Speaks more clearly -> yeah, we’re NOT good here. If you’ve spent any time with me and my child, you’ve heard me say “speak English” at least a dozen times.
- Throws a ball underhand -> I’m not sure about this one. He throws things all the time, but I don’t pay attention to whether it’s over or underhand.
- Dances to music -> we’re great here. Nate even knows where the downbeat is!!!
- Sorts toys by color, shape, or size -> He’s starting to do this.
- Kicks ball forward -> we’re great here too.
Thanks to Veronica for this milestone post idea.
Did I forget anything??? Oh yeah, today’s picture!
Ok, did I forget anything else?
So we had an impromptu playdate today…with a 26mo. I only had both boys for a few hours, but wow! Here’s what I learned:
- I have a new respect for moms of twins or babies close in age. Those 2 toddlers wore me out. (I love my toddler.)
- My kid is a thug. A bully. He spent the first 30 mins or so pushing AJ around. Even once he stopped the outright bullying, he was rougher than I’d like.
- I’m going to calm down about the whole baby development crap. Nate was just as physically advanced as AJ. And truly I’m not bragging, but Nate also seems more creative and better at figuring things out himself.
- I also now understand how and why younger siblings tend to do things earlier. In just a few hours, Nate started copying all sorts of things AJ was doing. R’uh r’oh.
So here are a few of the pics I snapped.
I need a nap!!!
**I intended to do a monthly update. Well, I guess I can start now
So, my little guy is 15 months old today! Can you believe it?
I can whole-heartedly say that mommyhood is NOTHING like I thought it would be. It’s better; it’s worse.
I’m still a SAHM, which is a bit of a surprise. Going into this new endeavor, I just KNEW I’d be itching to get out of the house; that I’d be dropping my little one off at daycare the moment he turned 8weeks. Instead, I am enjoying (almost) every moment I get to spend at home. I’m at the rink no more than 8 hours a week, and during that time he’s either in the child watch center, or he’s with his plethora of girlfriends at the rink.
I’m still breastfeeding. That’s right folks, I’m nursing a toddler. Honestly, I thought I would have weaned him by now. But you know what? It’s not that bad. I will admit you’ll need to check back next month to see what we’re doing regarding breastfeeding.
Nate has turned into a great eater. At 6 months, he had absolutely no interest in food…and I was terrified. I thought, “oh no! I’ve got one of those picky eaters on my hands. What on earth am I going to do?” But thankfully many of my more experience mom friends on Twitter calmed me down. And only by the grace of God did I listen to her. Now he eats anything and everything! He loves bananas
Nate is still on the tiny side. My 9lb porker at birth is now a little love bug. He’s tall, but only weighs about 23lbs! Why, he never stops moving. He started walking back in August at 10mo, and he hasn’t stopped. When we’re out and about, he demands to walk. Sometimes I let him, and when I do we get tons of attention, which Butterball loves! I’m short enough that I don’t have to lean over to hold his hand. I simply extend my index finger and he holds it as we walk from store to store.
Nate loves to talk. Yes, it’s 90% gibberish, but he doesn’t know that . Only 6 to 10 are recognizable English. I can’t wait until it’s all English.
We still only have the 8 teeth. But I think that’s about to change…stay tuned.
Favorite things to do? He loves playing with the trash can. You read that right – the trash can. If I can’t find something, that’s now the first place I look. Recently I’ve found his sippy cup, my cell phone, and the remote control ‘hiding’ there. I know I didn’t throw those things away He also loves talking on my cell phone and dancing around the room with me. He’s at that curious stage, and I love it!!!
Hmmm…did I leave anything out? If I did, please ask! How are your babies doing?