Where the heck has the time gone? I know I say this every month, but I mean it!
Yes, we’re **still** breastfeeding. And while breastfeeding an active toddler is a challenge, I’m going to keep going until blood is shed.
Yes, we’re still flirting like it’s going out of style.
Nate now gives awesome hugs AND kisses. It melts my heart when he runs to me with outstretched arms and then squeezes my neck.
Babycenter says most 17mo toddlers can:
- Uses six words regularly -> we’re good here
- Enjoys pretend games -> we’re good here too
- Likes riding toys -> does it count if the ‘toy’ in question is Mom? He loves pretending I’m a horse for him to ride!
- Feeds doll -> does it count if the ‘doll’ is Mom? He loves feeding me!
- Speaks more clearly -> yeah, we’re NOT good here. If you’ve spent any time with me and my child, you’ve heard me say “speak English” at least a dozen times.
- Throws a ball underhand -> I’m not sure about this one. He throws things all the time, but I don’t pay attention to whether it’s over or underhand.
- Dances to music -> we’re great here. Nate even knows where the downbeat is!!!
- Sorts toys by color, shape, or size -> He’s starting to do this.
- Kicks ball forward -> we’re great here too.
Thanks to Veronica for this milestone post idea.
Did I forget anything??? Oh yeah, today’s picture!
Ok, did I forget anything else?
I can’t believe how time is flying by! You’re not the little lump of love you once were. You’re developing physically (wow you’re strong!) and emotionally (into a darned cute, even keeled kid). In the past month, you’ve rolled over (NYE) and begun playing with you feet! You also started sticking your tongue out, and while everyone else thinks it’s cute, I’d appreciate it if that little quirk disappeared. All in all that’s some serious progress buddy
I’m soooo incredibly proud to be your mama, and can’t wait to see what this next month brings! Always know that my heart beats for you <3